Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity join a high-performance team leveraging innovative technologies in an Enterprise environment
Typical Day in Role:
• The main function of a Network and UC infrastructure Architect is to provide architecture oversight and guidance for new development projects according to timelines and budget, while following accepted enterprise standards, and accepted business intelligence technology best practices.
• Lead the development and maintenance of patterns and standards for solutions surrounding Networking & UC technologies
• You will participate and often lead cross-disciplinary efforts to research, incubate, test, and perform proof of concepts of new and innovative IT infrastructure technologies and solutions for the potential use in the organization.
• Define, design, and develop the enterprise infrastructure architecture patterns to enable cross functional operational reporting and performance optimization. Identify strategic opportunities and drive cross-business and cross-functional change.
• 10 years of progressive technical working experience in the networking, UC, and security spaces.
• Experience in Networking and UC Architecture, design, and implementation for Cloud (Azure/GCP) and on-prem technologies.
• Experience in leading cross function technology identification and certification (Paper evaluation/POC/Pilot).
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3 – 5 years’ experience leading technology roadmap, facilitating innovation and adoption of next generation technologies in an architectural practice in Networking (Software-defined Access / SDWAN (Silver Peak) / DC (ACI,F5,Infoblox,Fortinet,FirePower,NSX-T)/SASE/SWG-Zscaler) and UC (Cloud PBX/Hosted SBC/UCaaS/CPaaS)
• Excellent communication skills to work with various team members across a variety of levels
• Experience in leading highly complex initiatives that require an in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments
• Experience with creating and publishing technology standard document
• Azure or GCP Architect Certificate
• Ability to translate highly complex concepts for the team, peers, and customers
• Ability to work with different business lines
Nice To Have Skills:
• TOGAF Certification – good for understanding of Framework
• Spanish Speaking
• Banking Experience
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field Required Certifications
• Networking and Unified Communication Certification
• CCNP/CCDP or equivalent in UC and Networking (CCIE is an asset)
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 2-3 Step Process: 2-3 Situational / Behavioural Interviews with senior leadership + senior team members
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: Interview to take place same week of shortlist
• High level – hands on only for POC related activities
• Knowledge and depth of technology is the most important
• All markets are ok
• Creating Technology standards and supporting ongoing projects as a Senior Architect is the primary task
• Need to have someone who is multi-tasking – the assumption is that this resource can help and assist multiple business users
• Support multiple projects – involved as a consultant to multiple initiatives – someone who can be an advisory capacity
• Needs to have knowledge of Network SME – High level – should be able to speak the terms and understand the networking – but they will not be required to do complete
• Reporting to director – Principle Architect
• No specific project, but the contractor will be engaged in multiple initiatives and POCs for modernizations