Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Enterprise Portfolio Management is seeking a Solution Architect for their team that maintains inventory of applications globally and the information regarding their classification, sensitivity of data, etc. The Solution Architect is required to assist in the migration of all the related processes and workflow data onto ServiceNow. They are to provide solutions architecture oversight for new development projects according to timelines and budget, while following accepted programming, testing and change control standards, and accepted business intelligence technology best practices.
• This project is anticipated to go on for 9 months.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The selected candidate will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience with ServiceNow while having the possibility to be extended for additional projects.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Define and document the structure, connections and relationships of business processes, organizational work groups, data models, applications, user interfaces, applications interfaces, infrastructure and network topology.
• Provide standards, guidelines and statements of direction for IT system architectures, establishing a framework that constrains the design of systems for the purpose of integration of systems and accessibility of data supporting various business processes and functions.
• Define, design and develop the enterprise systems information architecture to enable cross functional operational reporting and performance optimization.
• Identify strategic opportunities and drive cross-business and cross-functional change.
• Solution Architect – 5+ years of hands on/professional experience
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS & SSRS (advice on how to implement these, provide technical specification to allow others to build, design solutions & document them- preparing for detailed architecting review) – 5+ years of hands on experience
• Integration Services, Data integrations & data flows – 5+ years of hands on experience
• Data Bots and UI (in the collection validation and processing of data)– hands on professional experience
Nice to Have Skills:
• Knowledge and experience with ServiceNow (APM Module or ITBM Module) – out of the box implementation
• Microsoft SQL Server Certification
• Power BI
• Presenting to VP & Executive level, to architecture community
• Will need to become part of the architecture community
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal (articulate the solutions clearly and concisely)
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field