Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Enterprise Digital Banking Technology – CCAU (Caribbean, Central America and Uruguay) Digital Banking supports development of digital banking capabilities across CCAU, by building best-in-class digital experiences for customers across CCAU
• Project: CCAU Enterprise Digital Banking Technology is seeking a Solutions Architect to help design and implement cloud based application/s for customers in the Caribbean region.
• This Solution Architect will be responsible for detailed technical specifications for a number of new technologies on programs of high complexity for all platforms supported by CCAU Digital Banking.
• In addition, you will design solutions, improve processes, create estimates, work on roadmaps and communicate and work with other solution architects and teams across the bank.
• Reason for request: Workload Increase
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to some of the most disruptive technologies in the banking industry.
Typical Day in Role
• The main function of a Solutions Architect is to provide solutions architecture oversight for new development projects according to timelines and budget, while following accepted programming, testing and change control standards, and accepted business intelligence technology best practices
• Define and document the structure, connections and relationships of business processes, organizational work groups, data models, applications, user interfaces, applications interfaces, infrastructure and network topology
• Providing technical architectural designs solutions/reviews for CCAU Engineering projects / initiatives
• Partnering with key stakeholders such as Enterprise Information Systems, Digital Factory, Information & Security Advisory, etc. to ensure proposed solutions align to business requirements, as well as appropriate client technical and security standards or frameworks
• Produce technical solution documents, design/architecture diagrams, security design documentation as required to support new, proposed or existing CCAU Engineering solutions
• Deliver technical presentations or knowledge walkthroughs of existing and proposed application systems to various audiences including project team members, peer technology teams and management
• Providing suggestions for viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity
• Mentoring and coaching other team members on technical issues, set standards and code reviews
• Acting as an internal consultant on all infrastructure related items while participating in all phases of the project development life cycle
• Participate in interview process for hiring developers, as per project needs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 7-10 years of technical working experience in Consulting or Corporate Systems Development environments or equivalent
• Solid background in system and application architecture solutions, development, maintenance, and support of a variety of banking / applications on different technologies and platforms – demonstrated through project work
• Expert knowledge of web-based information technology principles, System Integration, Methodologies and Standards / Metrics – demonstrated in 2 recent projects
• 5+ years of experience in the following technologies
• Creating full stack solutions (Frontend and Backend)
• Designing solutions using Micro services architecture, design patterns and frameworks
• Cloud based environments, Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment Tools such as Jenkins, Sonar Queue, etc.
• Distributed system development using Web Services (SOAP or Restful), HTTPs, JSON & MQ.
• Self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution, ability to meet dynamic changes on prioritization
• Excellent communications skills to coordinate with high ranking individuals internally (Sr Manager and Director level generally)
• Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
• Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
• Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
• Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
• Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
• Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• Certifications AWS
Candidate Review & Selection
• Step Process: Type of Interview & Interviewers?
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: Interview to take place