Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GTS – Technology Operations & Engineering is managing a large scale enhancements to the systems data lakes.
• Need: The Solutions Architect / Reliability Engineer is required to ensure ongoing Data Loss Prevention – protect our Critical Data Asset requires both broad and deep technology knowledge across technology stacks, and the ability to work with architects in other areas and vendors to resolve technology issues. It also requires demonstrated skills in communication, influence, cross-functional group collaboration and coordination.
• Strong knowledge of application maintenance & operation processes, and infrastructure operation processes is required to perform duties according to client standards for all applications supported by the Enterprise Data Lake. The bank uses primarily ITIL processes, and manages backlog and delivery using Agile principals.’
• The Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) is based on Hadoop (Cloudera) technology and enables our business partners across the bank by developing and maintaining high quality enterprise data assets. Trusted data will enable valuable insights, improve decision-making to serve our customer better through operationally efficient processes.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage multiple initiatives throughout the SDLC cycle, gaining exposure to multiple bank streams and utilizing new technology.
• Provide technical architectural design solutions for areas of identified risk to stability and reliability.
• Consult with various solution architects across multiple technology groups in order to propose, design and implement solutions that will enhance the bank’s application reliability compliant with Bank’s established policies, standards and practices.
• Acting as an internal consultant on significant and severe incidents and problems identified to participate in all phases implementing solutions to reduce risk to the bank.
• Act as the mentor to Application Maintenance and Operations architects, developers, and support analysts as they work through solutions to address root-cause of incidents, or mitigate technology risks within their applications.
Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years of Hadoop/Big Data industry experience
• 5+ years of software engineering leadership experience.
• 2-3 years of banking/financial industry experience, or other large complex technology shop
• Excellent communication skills to ensure execution of all design deliverables are maintained
Nice to have Skills:
• Practitioner on ITIL V3, Certification would be an asset
• TOGAF Certification would be an asset
• PMP or SCRUM Master Certification would be an asset
• Completion of a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, or a technology related field.