• The Sourcing Manager is a results-driven team player who works in collaboration with businesses and colleagues to develop and implement sourcing strategies that deliver sustainable value by optimizing 3rd party expenditure and total cost of ownership while mitigating supply-related risks.
• In this capacity, the person will interface with stakeholders across the organization, internal business partners, subject matter experts, other members of SSG and 3rd parties in developing and implementing business unit specific sourcing strategies.
• Reporting to the Senior Sourcing Manager, the Sourcing Manager will play a key lead role with accountabilities as follows
• Drive and deliver transformation of SSG and a step-change in procurement proficiency within the lines of business they support
• Proactively engage business stakeholders to understand their business strategies and objectives in order to align initiative work to help achieve them
• Assist in creating an environment that encourages growth, visibility and continual learning. Recognize and value individual differences and contributions; seek to include diverse and global perspectives
• Proactively manage the 3rd party expenditure assigned and associated key suppliers to create P&L impacting value that is recognized by the business and organization
• Develop procurement sourcing strategies across a variety of categories that drive sustainable competitive advantage and concentrate spend with suppliers that matter to and value client
• Drive value in supply chain/total cost of ownership sourcing initiatives through early engagement, commercial acumen and market knowledge. Activities also include requirements gathering, solution/supplier evaluations, supplier selection activities and contract negotiations;
• Ensure effective delivery of Strategic Sourcing Group (SSG) procurement services to business partners and ensure prompt and thorough resolution of all client issues
• Proactively conduct market intelligence activities including industry, supply market and supply chain research/analytics, category sourcing and outsourcing trends and best practices and share knowledge, insight and advice with business in a way that contributes to their long-term business strategies
• Provide guidance and insight on best practices and provide counsel to business to ensure supplier arrangements meet all client BG policy and regulatory requirements; and
• Foster strong collaborative relationships with partners in SSG, the business and vendor management community.
• Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Relevant work experience in a Procurement role, Relationship Management, Project Management, Vendor Management, or Analysis would be an asset
• Strong commercial acumen and business judgment
• Drive and determined attitude to flawless execution
• Demonstrated influencing, communication, negotiation and presentation skills
• Proven experience managing and leading high performing teams
• Proven experience in business planning and delivery of objectives
• Demonstrated stakeholder/relationship management and networking skills
• Experience in project management and strong analytical skills
• General knowledge of the client BG organizational structure, including main business groups and their functions
• SAP Ariba Procurement System experience is a must