• The Senior AML Manager – SSO reports to the Associate Vice President, Surveillance Strategies and Optimization in AML Operations and leads the optimization of solutions supporting the bank’s customer and transaction surveillance obligations (customer risk rating, customer name screening, transaction monitoring and regulatory reporting).
• The Senior AML Manager – SSO is responsible for developing, enhancing and executing strategies which ensure centralized transaction monitoring, watch list screening of customers and customer risk rating processes and automated solutions are operating effectively and optimized. The individual will work closely with internal and external business partners including AML Program Development, AML Operations, and Deputy GAML Offices on these initiatives.
• Acts as the AML/ATF/Sanctions subject matter expert on transaction monitoring, the identification of high risk customers and screening of customers against various watch lists (i.e., Sanctions and Politically Exposed Persons).
• Possesses strong knowledge of money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF) and sanctions risks, client business lines, client’s existing technology and processes and industry best practices in these areas.
• Develops the strategies and methods to effectively monitor transactions, identify high risk customers and screen customers against watch lists.
• Identifies opportunities to optimize centralized automated surveillance systems and leads activities to implement changes.
• Leads and conducts complex data analysis and develops recommendations for detecting ML/TF/sanctions risks including the creation of new rules, scenarios and monitoring methods.
• Performs tuning (qualitative and quantitative) of centralized surveillance solutions for transaction monitoring, customer risk rating and customer screening.
• Creates and implements the framework to identify and document ML/TF typologies and risks based on regulatory and industry guidance, and provides recommendations on risk-based monitoring.
• Monitors performance of relevant AML systems and communicate feedback to executive management and technology partners.
• Maintains the documentation (including methodologies) for customer risk rating, customer screening and transaction monitoring.
• Leads the activities to ensure compliance with client’s Model Risk Management requirements.
• Provides oversight of issues for centralized automated surveillance solutions and works closely with GAML and technology stakeholders to remediate.
• Maintains and updates the relevant coverage maps for transaction monitoring, customer risk rating and screening including the identification of centralized and de-centralized processes.
• Oversees the updates of the ECRR Reference tables.
• Prepares materials for executive level reporting.
• Works closely with client Technology Solutions teams (EETS/USTS) and external vendors on all business related technology questions/issues, as required.
• Supports the enhancement of GAML Operations processes by offering recommendations and solutions while balancing the needs of the customer and employee.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with internal (to GAML) and external (Line of Business) partners (stakeholder outreach) including Technology teams.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key stakeholders including partners in GAML and Technology teams.
• 7-10+ yrs Compliance exp. within the financial services industry
• AML Subject matter expert & previous exp (7+ yrs) in creating AML transaction monitoring rules or scenarios for retail, wealth & wholesale customers for a global financial institution.
• Strong knowledge of AML & Sanctions regulations in Canada & U.S. (including understanding regulator expectations associated with transaction monitoring, identification of high risk customers & customer screening)
• Strong knowledge of ML/TF/Sanctions risks with respect to business lines, customer types, geographies, products & services & transactions.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills, including drafting reports & presentations.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• 4 Year Degree
Nice To Have:
• Project mgt, technology project, operational & reporting processes development & implementation exp.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to organize & bring order to data and information, drawing conclusions and making appropriate recommendations.
• Strong relationship management skills, comfortable negotiating and influencing with the ability to deal with conflicting points of view and to effect creative and responsive solutions.
• Highly organized, ability to work independently, thinks critically, makes decisions and manages priorities with minimal supervision.
• Strong leadership, change management and people management expertise.
• Prioritize and manage multiple initiatives to meet deadlines and ensure quality and efficiency.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment while demonstrating flexibility to adjust to changing work priorities.