• The Manager will monitor risk position against approved limits, and proactively provide insight and recommendations to ensure the known significant events are hedged on a timely basis through
stable reporting output.
• Furthermore, the Manager will proactively explain changes in risk measures and PV/NII impacts with reference to hedging books and strategies.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Use risk measurement and monitoring tools to develop a top of the class first line risk report and insight.
• Provides early warning indicators such as tail risk analysis, scenario analysis, and shock analysis as they impact bank economic value, NII, capital & PnL.
• Support key stakeholders by performing market risk analytics to provide value-add guidance.
• Provide senior management informed views with respects to external market events as they impact the bank balance sheet.
• Changes in market risk factors that impact the balance sheet.
• Comparison of key interest risk metrics vis-à-vis competitor banks.
• Research industry best practices in monitoring emerging risk and ensure TBSM is aligned with these practices.
• Review current processes and pro-actively make changes or propose initiatives to improve efficiencies to provide more effective business support.
• Execute infrastructure changes with regards to implementation of new/revised framework, new products or processes and ensure that changes are executed in accordance with internal change control procedures and EUC standards.
• Support the team through various initiatives
• Foster and maintain effective working relationships with business partners
• Understand and comply with Client Policies, regulatory and compliance requirements
Competencies and Personal Qualities:
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to leverage visualization tools, such as Tableau, to explain complicated concept in a clear and concise manner to senior and executive level audiences.
• Self-starter with a proven ability to meet deadlines, own initiatives, and work effectively under minimum supervision.
• Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving capabilities. An ideal candidate is self-driven individual with a strong sense of curiosity, able to assess potential drivers and resolutions when issues rise.
• Able to multitask while maintaining attention to detail with tight timelines.
• Quick to learn and apply new concepts
• Excellent interpersonal skills; team player
• Reporting functions team
• Managing the risk reporting for our risk books
• Validating results and publishing
• 5 years financial service or consulting practice experience in the areas of Asset Liability Management, risk management accounting and/or finance.
• Proficient with computer tools (SQL, Tableau) for data query, visualization and analytics
• Solid knowledge of retail banking product features and characteristics
• Previous banking experience
Nice to have:
• Superior understanding of capital market instruments including bond and interest rate derivatives.
• Superior understanding of risk measurement and valuation concepts (cash flow, PV, IRR, duration, convexity, etc.)