• The Senior Database Administrator will be a skilled individual who will develop and improve MySql database installation on a Linux stack.
Major technical duties include:
• Develop and support MySql database infrastructure of high volume transaction and highly available infrastructure
• Develop, configure and support MySQL databases in replica mode on Linux
• Develop and support highly available MySql cluster on Linux systems
• Develop and support daily backups, tape off line storage and restores of MySql databases
• Develop and support archive Database concepts
• Develop and support automated processes for Builds and deployments using modern tools like ansible.
• Develop and support data warehouse databases in MySql.
• Maintain and improve security of the infrastructure to be compliant with the latest Information security standards
• Analyze and improve database performance
• Assist with design and development of new database objects (tables, views, triggers, functions, etc.)
• Skilled with on premise (physical environment) database installs and cloud based installs (AWS for example)
• Collaboration with Development and QA teams
• Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
• Experience in administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux/ CentOS on premise and on the cloud
• Experience in Information security:
o Experience in PCI compliance process, strong understanding of procedures and requirements
o Experience in web security patching
o Experience in delivering vulnerability fixes to production environments
o Experience with internal security audits, external penetration tests and internal scans
o Experience in firewall security configuration, network separation, per-need based access, application level access restriction
• Experience in administration of MySQL databases – replication, clones, backups, clusters
• Proficient with Linux
• Knowledge of scripting – shell scripts
• Analysis and optimization of slow queries
• Data management – moving data around between databases while ensuring integrity
• Ensure security of databases (example: MySQL users appropriate access, encryption of data)
• Understanding of different storage engines (like InnoDB and MyISAM)
• Understanding of the limitations of MySQL according to the versions
• Good scripting abilities (bash, perl) and usage of automation tools like Puppet and Chef.
• Ability to plan, implement, test and troubleshoot system software
• Ability to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment
• Ability to adapt to new environments, and the ability to identify, propose and implement changes and improvements.
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Formal Computer Science education
• Innovative, creative, visionary
• Independent and self-motivated
• Enjoys and works well in teams, but also thrives in autonomy
• Exhibits the important balance of patience and determination that allows entrepreneurial businesses to flourish
• Organized and thorough
• Collaborative team player, excited and willing to do what it takes to get the job done