The Senior Finance Analyst position requires an action-oriented team player with strong accounting skills, good business acumen and demonstrated problem solving, reporting and data management capabilities. The candidate will report to the Senior Manager Finance.
On your first day, we will not ask you to be an insurance expert. Rather, we will ask you to be open-minded, be motivated, offer your diversified knowledge and past experiences to this new world of insurance that you will quickly learn and understand.
The successful candidate is a strong and innovative professional accountant who offers working solutions to business partners/peers/management having strong relationship management skills and the ability to deal with changes in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Ability to work independently and excellent organizational skills
• Ability to manage several competing priorities and successfully deliver in a responsive manner
• Excellent ability to work under pressure and need to be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where every day is different
• Proven ability to synthesize complex information
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; developed problem-solving skills.
Key accountabilities for this position include:
• In collaboration with Chief Accountant’s Group, understand the new IFRS 17 standard and its application by assessing the operational impact to systems, processes and financial statements. In addition, coordinate and participate in the implementation of required changes following the assessment.
• Implement effective and innovative solutions, including automation, where there is an opportunity to gain efficiencies through continuous process improvement.
• Act as subject matter expert for finance on IFRS 17 project and provide guidance/ advice and recommendations to various stakeholders.
• Support the Senior Manager Finance on various ad-hoc business requests impacting financial accounting and regulatory capital.
Finance Project Team main responsibility is to deliver diversified business and financial projects such as:
• Understand and support the implementation of new IFRS accounting standards. We do not ask for you to be an accounting standards expert; rather act as a liaison between the business and finance stakeholders and the accounting policy group.
• Coordinate changes on current reporting and accounting systems. You will have the opportunity to work with various stakeholders, contribute to team discussions, add your viewpoint and take the reporting to the next level.
• Support the accounting & capital functions on complex insurance and reinsurance transactions by providing key finance and business advice. You will have the opportunity to create value for our shareholders by proposing capital management strategies with knowledge you will acquire along the way with the team.
• Participate in the implementation of best finance practices for accounting, reporting and control. You have good ideas… we are looking for candidates who are open-minded, curious, and take initiative to present their ideas and solutions.
• Advanced knowledge of accounting cycle and recognition (dealing with complex transactions)
• In-depth knowledge of accounting standards / IFRS
• Accounting CPA title.
• Experience of 5 to 7 years mainly in financial accounting (experience with complex accounting issues will be considered as an asset).
• Bilingual (English and French), spoken and written.
• Superior communication skills – be a confident, transparent and concise communicator (verbal and written)
• Advanced knowledge of Excel. (Macros / Pivot tables / Advanced formulas if … ) – This will be tested ensure of the proficiency before submitting .
Nice to have :
• Previous client
• Experience in insurance business
• Accounting standards /System implementation
• IFRS 17