• The incumbent will be responsible for the Enterprise Data warehouse (EDW). He will manage production, business intelligence and projects data warehouse’s teams.
• He will act as its reference person with regard to the organization’s warehouses and datamarts. The incumbent will provide technical direction, leadership and will take part in various cross-functional activities in connection with EDW/BI.
• The incumbent will also ensure a high level of data quality in the different platforms and a high level of satisfaction from business partners to ensure successful execution of projects.
• Partner with business and technology teams on design and implementation of strategies to address identified Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence requirements.
• Monitor quality with the various business partners in the context of requests and specific issues and recommend the corrective actions required;
• Develop performance, management and service level indicators and monitor/enforce adherence;
• Closely monitor projects and future changes involving the data warehouses in order to assess architecture, scope and be responsible for their operationalization;
• Lead and mentor other team members in technology areas in a way that complies with DW/BI standards and established methodologies and practices
• Review business requirements and functional documents with business analysts and/or other and provide guidance.
• Identify new technology that can be incorporated to improve resources performance / usability.
• Act as a contributor for the Business Intelligence team during audits within the team;
• Oversee incident management for the production activities; Analyze incidents and issue recommendations as to how to resolve them and escalate major issues to partners & management;
• Effectively communicate technical architecture needs and issues with management and internal personnel of varying technical backgrounds.
• Perform all other tasks of a similar nature or generally requested by his or her superior or required as part of the job functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 10 years in data warehousing and business intelligence.
• Experience in a team management role (minimum of 10 years);
• Previous experience with end to end EDW implementation is highly preferred
• After hours and weekend implementations management and coordination
• In-depth knowledge of relational and dimensional data warehouses and/or operational data store, including data modeling and ETL development;
• Advanced knowledge of Oracle 11g, 12c, SQL loader, OWB data mapping, PLSQL and Unix;
• Experienced in managing production environments as well as designing best production processes/practises;
• Command of key BI concepts, analytics, governance and data strategies;
• Proven track record in BI development tools e.g. IBM Cognos, Informatica
• Ability to make connections between issues related to BI technologies and business issues;
• Strong functional and data analytical abilities with end to end EDW with demonstrated capability to interpret and understand abstract data, summarize insights, and develop into an action plan;
• Familiar with Waterfall & Agile development methodologies (SDLC, source control)
• Knowledge of APEX development; Data Manager, Informatica
• Experience in the banking or financial services industry;
• Bilingual (spoken and written English)