Roles & Responsibilities:
Lead a Data Centre Move Infrastructure project:
• Lead projects through the entire Project Management Lifecycle working closely with the business and IT Leads.
• Articulate business value and gather accurate estimates to create realistic business cases.
• Lead all aspects of project delivery, including defining scope, controlling budget, creating and leading a detailed project plan, establishing milestones and leading to plan.
• Build and regularly update Project RAID logs, in particular, proactively identify and articulate risks, and systematically update plan to mitigate risks and communicate accordingly.
• Create project artifacts in collaboration with key project team members, ensuring projects are set up for success.
• Ensure compliance to Client’s policies, project management methodology and standards by ensuring that PM processes, discipline and controls are consistently applied to projects.
• Identify and manage interdependencies and linkages between different projects.
• Ensure effective communication mechanisms are in place and manage all communication to team, key partners and 3rd party vendors through the lifecycle of the project.
• Conduct monthly Financial reviews, including LE, forecasting and accrual reviews.
• Facilitate problem solving and control changes to project baselines through accepted change management practices
Support development of continuous improvement capability:
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives as each project progresses.
• Conduct post-implementation reviews and sprint retrospectives to identify areas of continual improvement.
• Encourage and participate in knowledge sharing activities.
Support organizational change management efforts, related to specific projects:
• In collaboration with change Management Team, lead change management efforts for larger projects and supports for smaller initiatives to ensure projects realize their expected impact/outcome.
• Anticipates Organizational friction points and sequences and paces projects to maximize end user absorption.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in Infrastructure project management execution, specifically Data Centre migrations for Financial Institutes.
• Infrastructure and Technology projects (budgets between $2-10 million)
• Project Management Professional certification (PMP) or Certified Scrum Master (SCM) an asset
• Six Sigma / Lean Certification an asset
• Shown vendor management and financial management experience
• Proven Risk analysis and mitigation experience
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
• Strong organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in team environments; considering multiple points of view and managing conflicts
• Proficiency in MS Project, Visio and the Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of Planview is an asset