Story Behind the Need
• Business Group: Technology Program Office is seeking a Senior Project Manager/Delivery Manager to manage a large-scale data center migration project.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a multiple streamlines and stakeholders which can lead to additional opportunities.
• Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution. The focus is to be kept on overall business solutions, not on specific packages or technologies.
• The solution must be formally documented and costed as the General Design Document and internally represented on the project management tool (i.e. Microsoft Project). Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
• Identify and confirm project leads from all required stakeholders and client intek groups to ensure responsibilities and deliverables are understood by each.
• Define project governance, identify senior stakeholders & sponsors to form a steering committee (should it be necessary). Work with Project Sponsor to prepare appropriate information for dissemination to the Steering Committee.
• Manage project participants and relationships ensuring project teams are cohesive ad operating to common objectives and priorities.
• Work with Project Sponsor to establish the scope of the project and than managed to the established scope. Ensure Project Change Notifications are raised where necessary and approved. If the scope changes identify impacts to the Sponsor. And/or Steering Committee.
• Hold meetings and work sessions as necessary to ensure that project management deliverables are met i.e. project planning, risk management, issue management, status meetings
• Provide support to Client including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution. The focus is to be kept on overall business solutions, not on specific packages or technologies.
• Motivating the Project Team and maintaining the momentum of the Project against background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the Operations Sponsor, the SVP and the EVP, as required.
• Ensure the documentation and archiving of project activities, deliverables, tools and findings and for use in future projects.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Project Manager/Delivery Manager (end to end experience with full PMLC)– 8+ years of experience
• Experience working on large scale data center migration projects – 3+ years of experience
• Managing multiple complex work streams/projects with minimum budget of $10MM +- 5+ years of experience
Nice to Have
• Gating and budgeting finances for projects (prefer 5+ years of experience)
• Running monthly executive steering committee meetings and managing at minimum 8 stakeholders (prefer 3+ years of experience)
• PMP certified (preferred certified for 3+ years)
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology