• The Senior Project Manager plans, leads and directs the implementation and successful delivery of the client’s head office relocation. You are responsible for managing a large multi-disciplinary team within the constraints of scope, time, cost, and quality to successfully deliver to specified benefits and achieve customer satisfaction.
• Reporting to the Portfolio Director, Enterprise Service Delivery you will lead while balancing the needs of the project and the organization. You will work and collaborate with internal partners, technology teams, change management team, 3rd party vendors and Senior Management.
Lead the workspace change and office relocation project:
• Lead the project team through an integrated change management approach incorporating technology, culture and physical workspace.
• Lead the planning, design and construction of an office relocation initiative with a multi-year lifespan and multi-million-dollar commitment.
• Manage a multitude of relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
• Lead through the entire Project Management Lifecycle working closely with technology, construction management and change management.
• Help shape the relocation strategy and drive definition of business and technical requirements.
• Articulate business value and gather accurate estimates to create realistic business cases.
• Help manage and implement successful change strategy across the organization.
• Effectively communicate to senior leaders allowing them to make informed design decisions.
• Lead all aspects of project delivery, including managing scope, controlling budget, creating and leading a detailed project plan, establishing milestones and leading to plan.
• Build and regularly update Project RAID logs to proactively identify and articulate risks, and systematically update plan to mitigate risks and communicate accordingly.
• Create project artifacts in collaboration with key project team members, ensuring projects are set up for success.
• Ensure compliance to Client’s policies, project management methodology and standards by ensuring that PM processes, discipline and controls are consistently applied to projects.
• Identify and manage interdependencies and linkages between different strategic initiatives.
• Ensure effective communication mechanisms are in place and manage all communication to team, employees, key partners and 3rd party vendors through the lifecycle of the project.
• Conduct monthly Financial reviews, including LE, forecasting and accrual reviews.
• Facilitate problem solving and control changes to project baselines through accepted change management practices.
• Support development of continuous improvement capability:
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives as each stream of work progresses.
• Conduct post-implementation reviews and sprint retrospectives to identify areas of continual improvement.
• Encourage and participate in knowledge sharing activities.
• Support organizational change management efforts, related to specific projects:
• In collaboration with the Change Management Team, lead the execution of change management efforts for larger projects and provide support for smaller initiatives to ensure projects realize their expected impact/outcome.
• Anticipates Organizational friction points and sequences and paces projects to maximize end user absorption.
• Experience with workspace change and office relocation/ capital development projects, with a preference for experience from large Canadian Financial Institutions.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in project management execution, specifically projects with high change impacts.
• Excellent vendor management and change management skills.
• Experience managing financials (budgets over $100 million).
• Project Management Professional certification (PMP).
• Six Sigma / Lean Certification an asset.
• Shown vendor management and financial management experience.
• Proven Risk analysis and mitigation experience.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, visual and written).
• Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
• Strong organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in team environments; considering multiple points of view and managing conflicts.
• Proficiency in MS Project, Visio and the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of Planview is an asset.