• Responsible for contributing to design, development, and maintenance of software systems required by client to meet its business objects in Investment Lifecycle. Contributes business and technical knowledge to complex IT projects and initiatives.
• With supervision, delivers well-designed systems of high quality that make appropriate use of technology.
• Develops personal plans and the task detail appropriate for completion of work assignments.
• Participates in the development of implementation and testing plans.
• Maintains currency in technological trends and directions through research, education and self motivated technology experimentation.
• Participates in new technology investigation and makes recommendations for new technology adoption where appropriate
• As directed, leads technical initiatives and acts as mentor to junior development staff
• Computer Science or Engineering degree, or equivalent working experience
• Strong development experience with the following technologies
o C#, .NET, .NET Core 2.0+
o Web Service development and testing, SOA (REST, Web API)
o Asynchronous Messaging
• Strong development experience with Oracle (PLSQL) or similar RDBMS
• Expert level understanding of current development techniques, testing approaches, and deployment methods
• Practical experience with Software Architecture / Design Patterns (eg. SOA, Enterprise Integration, OOD, DDD)
• Practical experience with Continuous Delivery practices and tools (eg. Github, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, UrbanCode Deploy, Powershell, NUnit, MSTest, MSBuild)
• Experience in automated testing practices such as TDD, BDD, unit test, component test, integration test
• Demonstrated ability to take ownership of complex technical solutions
• Practical experience with the full software development lifecycle
• Strong problem solving, design, and coding skills
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
• Candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
Additional preferred qualifications:
• Vendor trading / OMS systems (Charles River) experience
• Tibco Business Works development and testing
• SSIS development
• Development experience with Active MQ