Story Behind the Need – Business Group & Key Projects
• Business group: Infrastructure & Operations Delivery is seeking a Senior System Administrator to provide ongoing support to client’s International teams as well as local. The contractor must eb well versed with Solaris & WebSphere, and must have strong communication skills as they will be working closely with the Network Team, QA Team & Developers.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to International Banking, while having a flexible work schedule and being part of a supportive and helpful team. They may also have the opportunity to branch off into other departments or roles within the bank.
Typical Day in Role
• Responsible for the administration of core systems as well as monitoring and repair of high performance computing systems. Ensures consistent and reliable operation including enterprise servers and network infrastructure.
• Provides wide ranging system administration in a multi-platform environment
• Responsible for general systems administration tasks including system configuration management, OS installations, security updates, urgent system patching
• Strong Solaris Administration and IBM websphere application server Administration skill
• Writes and implements scripts to automate tasks
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot software/application components that are problematic
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, network disruption awareness and predefined key processes
• Reviews system logs, application logs and security logs
• Work on rotate AM, PM shift and carry pager for after hour support
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills
• 7+ years of overall experience in a system administrator/middleware administrator capacity
• Solaris – (5+ years recent and hands-on experience)
• Unix (know Unix command) (5+ years recent and hands-on experience)
• Websphere (5+ years recent and hands-on experience)
• Strong communication skills (verbal)
• Ability to work rotating shifts
Nice to Have Skills:
• FI/Banking Industry experience (large organization/North American)
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required: Computer science, Engineering