Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Enterprise Digital Banking Technology
• Project: The bank is seeking a Sr Technical Business Analyst to join the CCAU Digital Factory to participate in a project to improve and expand the Digital Collaboration Platform by creating a with a new, transformational virtual and digital journey through easy and instant accessibility to mobile and online communication channels, in the Caribbean region
• Reason for request: Backfill/Mat Leave/Workload/Project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to some of the banks emerging technologies and applications.
Typical Day in Role:
• Work with business lines and support them during the entire project life cycle with the ability to resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet business needs, provide recommendation on the design and methodologies, system solutions.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Provide front line business support for internal and third-party products and services supported by CCAU Digital Factory, participating in Focus Groups and providing guidance to other development area.
• Support Digital Collaboration Platform application developers regarding new and existing development and support.
• Contribute to the operational effectiveness and productivity of the CCAU Digital Factory by conceptualizing, evaluating, recommending, and implementing new processes and procedures identified via user requirements, documentation/reviews and input received from staff and clients.
• This includes analyzing the impact new systems will have on the various departments, liaising with users, developing non-standard procedures wherever necessary to adapt new systems and completion of other duties as assigned.
• Co-ordinate, prepare and execute automated systems testing of a project cycle from the feasibility stage through to the post conversion/implementation stage by developing project action plans, monitoring progress/ logging test activities throughout Integrated Systems Testing and User Acceptance Testing, recording deviations from plans, preparing test completion reports including recommendations for future improvement.
• Administer and document internally and externally system initiated projects and SSRs, Problem Logs, Emergency Change Requests, Project Work Orders, WMSD Intake requests and general system changes including documentation of user requirements, review of design documents, monitoring of schedules and costs and procedural documentation.
• This includes providing specialized, departmental training relative to new systems/industry changes and for planning, designing and implementing training programs to meet those needs.
• Manage multiple small system projects and assist in large system initiatives/enhancements concurrently, preparing business case proposals, providing business specifications, project planning, developing and maintaining test plans and test cases using prescribed tools/formats (e.g. HPQC), conversion and implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, preparing procedural documentation, securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management
• Maintain timely and meaningful status update in department management tools and project / information portals (e.g. Service Now, CAPPM, Sharepoint, JIRA, Confluence).
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 8+ years of experience in similar technical business analyst role preferably within a large FI
• 5+ years of experience of current Enterprise Delivery Framework (EDF) practices, AGILE experience, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real-time analytical and formal modeling tools
• 3+ years of experience working with authenticated, customer focused applications
• 3+ years of experience in Object Oriented and Functional Design
• Experience participating in projects to build accessible and internationalized applications before – 2+ projects
• Experience with Confluence, Team Foundation Server (TFS), HPQC and asset
• Self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution, ability to meet dynamic changes on prioritization
• Excellent communications skills to coordinate with high ranking individuals internally (Sr Manager and Director level generally)
• Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
• Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
• Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
• Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
• Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
• Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree Computer Engineering / Computer Science / IT or equivalent work experience