Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Customer Security Services is seeking a Senior Technical Production Support Analyst to assist with the ForgeRock project, which involves in house and 3rd party applications from ForgeRock for identity management and open IAM. They will be supporting the upgrade and maintenance of the components. Once of the key components for this project is increasing resilience – increasing capacity & reliability of the platform to hold higher volumes of user and identification components for online banking and retail banking. The contractor will also tend to incidents and prevent them through analyzing patterns and trends.
Candidate Value Proposition
• As a Production Support of our PLATO Application Engineering, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how the bank develops applications, consume services, and manages our IT infrastructure. We are looking to build our operations team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
• The Enterprise Identity Solutions & Technology group provides solution designs, developments, integrations, and operational services for enterprise customer identity and authentication products. If you are passionate about taking accountability on production issues and their resolutions by providing proactive and reactive continuous support services to customers, assist on in depth root cause analysis, have a strong operational-focused mindset, and thrive when immersed in a fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you!
Typical Day in Role
• Incident and problem management with effective communication to all stakeholders. Lead the operation support to make sure SLOs are consistently met
• Work in collaboration with L1 support, Development team, and different business channels on existent issues and ways to improve our services to avoid repetitive incidents (Predictability)
• Hands on integration and deployment experience with one or more Identity Management and Access Management to provide SME knowledge on new initiatives that could improve existent solutions.
• Suggesting architecture improvements, and recommending process improvements as Production support SME based on current production trends.
• Create and update documentation, confluence pages and operational support documents.
• Production support and escalation during the day as well as off-hours. Considerable effort is placed into determining, developing and provide sound and rapid judgement to production issues for recommendations on either workaround or resolutions that minimizes unplanned production outages.
• Provide transparency to the release schedule, identifying, and aligning environment needs for each release.
• Act as gatekeeper for delivery into production by ensuring understanding of and adherence to milestone definitions, ensuring appropriate criteria is met at each milestone, and monitoring and tracking the progress of changes targeted for each release.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Incident and problem management in production support – 4+ years hands on experience
• Identity Management solutions (both external internet facing Authentication/Authorization standard and full-stacked secured Access management) – 2+ years of experience
• Unix – 6+ years of hands on experience
• Java OO, Programming & Components Tuning – 5+ years of hands on experience
• Networking experience – F5, DNS, HTTP, SSH, SMTP, TLS, Tomcat, or Low Balancer (understand complete flow from internal components to customer) – 2+ years of hands on experience
• Agile experience – 2+ years of experience
• Must be okay with converting to FTE down the line
• Passionate and energetic
• Strong communication skills – verbal & written (will be leading troubleshooting and resolution sessions with different teams of the Bank)
• Able to work well under pressure and handle challenges
• Able to take authority and lead solutions at times
• Postmortem documentation
Nice to Have:
• Experience with open AM or ForgeRock components – huge asset
• Experience with Akamai
• Experience with DevOps (bitbucket, Junit, Gradle, Jenkins, SonarQube)
• Database – Oracle experience
• Identity Management or Cloud Certifications
• FI/Banking experience*
Degrees or certifications:
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or technical equivalent.