Story Behind the Need:
• This GWRT – Data Management group -The centralized security master. They provide centralized data to capital markets and wealth.
• The successful candidate will be joining Compliance Transformation Project enhancements for the data that is flowing through with Markit groups.
• Data being updated for regulatory initiatives and ensuring that they are on a new centralized platform that is on the cloud (will have stronger data governance in place)
• Reason for request: Project – Workload
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to various technologies and algorithms that integrate multiple aspects of the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Gather requirements, design, configure, code, test and resolve issues in a development and production support environment.
• Development of modules, support for conversion of data, job scheduling, unit/integration testing, business process documentation, development of training materials, and delivery of end user training.
• Translate business requirements into configurations and interface specifications.
• Coordinate testing and validation with business users.
• Prepare detailed functional specifications for the development of custom reports, enhancements, interfaces, conversions, and forms.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3 – 5 years’ gathering requirements and analyzing data through the SDLC cycle
• 5 + years’ reading and writing SQL queries
• Excellent Communication skills: 9/10 or 10/10 – need to have strong skills – very closely with the business and gathering requirements, testing – maintaining the business – taking business needs and translating to technical needs * most of the leg work is handled by the business side*
Nice to have Skills:
• Analyzing data with big data tools including Kafka, Elastic Search and Nifi technology (for aggregating big data)
• Knowledge of Asset Control (Vendor Product) – would help ramp of for knowledge of project
• Python programming skills is a plus; used for pushing data from GBM platforms
• Asset Control (FE is the code; big plus to have this experience)
• Market Data experience is plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred