• Financial crimes risk and technology is accountable to technology delivery of AML
• This initiative is leading a KYC transformation enhancement project within AML
• Building micro UI and APIs to be used by consumer applications
Reason for request:
• This is a replacement for a Technical Analyst to support the AML KYC Enhancements Program
Story Behind the Need :
• Project Summary: KYC enhancements is about addressing the AML regulatory needs for OFFI and FINTRAC across all applications in the landscape for Canadian banking.
Candidate Value Proposition :
• This is a transformation project not a standard project.
• This team is strategically building in the right way. You will have exposure across multiple business lines, like Tangerine, digital factory, wealth, commercial, small business etc.
Typical Day in Role:
• someone that can write requirements, translate requirements, and has hands on technical understanding while being able to provide business support and guidance
• Careful partnership between technical skills set and business aptitude.
• Strong thought process and design. Can also drive the conversation with the business group.
• Gather requirements, design, configure, code, test and resolve issues in a development and production support environment.
• Development of modules, support for conversion of data, job scheduling, unit/integration testing, business process documentation, development of training materials, and delivery of end user training.
• Translate business requirements into configurations and interface specifications.
• Coordinate testing and validation with business users.
• Prepare detailed functional specifications for the development of custom reports, enhancements, interfaces, conversions, and forms.
• Hands-on experience with development.
• Understanding of SDLC methodologies. Strong knowledge of design techniques and data integration principles.
Qualifications/ Must have skills:
• 6-8 years of experience with Java, J2ee, Cobol, – this is not a developer role, exposure and understanding to create business requirements.
• Prior experience with delivering initiatives across multiple technology stacks.
• 5+ years of experience with FI or Banking (Banks, credit card)
• 4-5 years AML
• Ability to write business requirements and understand at a technical level
• 2+ years of experience being able to demonstrate prior large scale transformation project experience.
• Prior client, or other FI experience