Story Behind the Need
• This is a COVID-19 strategic initiative to addressing the gaps in the Bank’s liquidity management capabilities and ability to build dynamic funding scenarios. The value add is derived from a nimble and forward-looking tool that will provide timely inputs to guide funding decisions in adverse market liquidity. It will facilitate simulations and dynamic what-if scenarios that leverages on existing processes as well as lessons learned from the COVID-19 market impact. Financial benefits are also expected to start in FY21+ as a result of this work. Funding cost optimization can be achieved by selecting the most efficient and cost effective options, which will reduce excess liquidity. Striking the right balance will contribute to the Bank’s net interest income.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work closely with senior developers to understand multiple languages in various departments.
• The main function of a Technical Analyst is to plan, design, develop and implement efficient business and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
• Gather requirements, design, configure, code, test and resolve issues in a development and production support environment.
• Development of modules, support for conversion of data, job scheduling, unit/integration testing, business process documentation, development of training materials, and delivery of end user training.
• Translate business requirements into configurations and interface specifications.
• Coordinate testing and validation with business users.
• Prepare detailed functional specifications for the development of custom reports, enhancements, interfaces, conversions, and forms.
Must have skills:
• 3 – 5 years’ analyzing data with big data tools including Kafka, Elastic Search and Nifi technology (for aggregating big data)
• 5 + years’ reading and writing SQL queries
• 3 – 5 years’ experience working with Spark and Postgress,
• 3 + years Java development: Java, Spring Boot Stack – looking for strong Microservice architecture (framework is in place) – it would not be too much – Adhoc code development (should be a need: upwards of 30%) – nice to have not a must have*
• Excellent Communication skills: 9/10 or 10/10 – need to have strong skills – very closely with the business and gathering requirements, testing – maintaining the business – taking business needs and translating to technical needs * most of the leg work is handled by the business side*
Nice to have Skills:
• Shell scripting
• DevOps experience