Story Behind the Need:
• The Nostro Management Project is an initiative to automate and streamline the Bank’s intraday liquidity monitoring for client’s main Nostro accounts including USD.
• This is done using a vendor product and is implemented on the bank hosted infrastructure.
• The need for this came about because Nostros balances are reported on a T+1 basis forcing the bank to take a reactive approach to rectify accounts that are in a short position. There is significant credit risk resulting from late incoming payments from counterparts or clients with no clear way to identify these payments in a timely manner. The interest costs incurred on a yearly basis are significant and there is an opportunity to create a proactive process that will allow the bank to remediate on a same day (T) basis.
• The application would provide real-time monitoring of these accounts, gave insight into future cost savings and provide a basis for future compliance to regulators should the need arise and mitigate credit risk by tracking payment trends. It also allowed for predicting payment behaviour with respect to the Nostro accounts
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work closely with senior developers to understand multiple languages in various departments.
• The main function of a Technical Analyst is to plan, design, develop and implement efficient business and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
• Gather requirements, design, configure, code, test and resolve issues in a development and production support environment.
• Development of modules, support for conversion of data, job scheduling, unit/integration testing, business process documentation, development of training materials, and delivery of end user training.
• Translate business requirements into configurations and interface specifications.
• Coordinate testing and validation with business users.
• Prepare detailed functional specifications for the development of custom reports, enhancements, interfaces, conversions, and forms.
Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years reading or writing Technical specifications (to create and build out Nifi Flows)
• Recent Project experience using Apache Nifi technology (minimum 1-2 projects) for design Nifi Flows
• Good communication skills to work with multiple business streams
• 1 – 3 years’ experience with PostGres database – applied to technical analyst as well – for investigations – to be able to complete queries*
Nice to have:
• Realiti (Vendor Application System) is a plus
• Financial Industry exp. is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a finance-related field (Economics, Finance, etc) or technical (Computer Science, Engineering etc)