Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Liquidity Risk & Stress Testing
• Project: DLSB (dynamic liquidity scenario builder). In is an application that inputs the bank’s liquidity data and creates “what if” scenarios (if ___, how will this effect the bank’s____). Main users are the bank’s liquidity risk team. Ultimately, these reports that are generated from the application go up to executive management for strategic planning around risk mitigation.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team with lots of challenges throughout the day and collaborate with all kinds of different stakeholders (not only technology team but involved in business as well).
• If interested in capital markets, this is a great opportunity to expand your skillset and learn within the industry.
Typical Day in Role
• Using diplomacy, judgement, and persuasion to secure agreement and co-operation from departments involved in the project.
• The contractor must also possess a good understanding of current EDP practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies.
• Close collaboration with different IT departments within the bank
• Communicate with business users and project team. Must possess very good interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively work with end users and members of the project team.
• Will be analyzing reports and drafting business and technical requirements for the developers to work on, then IT testing would be implemented. Responsible for drafting test plans and executing test tasks.
• The incumbent must be a creative, self starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to assist in the resolution of complex business problems.
• Analysis of current BAU (business as usual) processes of the business line and provide process enhancement solutions or provide daily support for the ongoing applications that are in production (will not make up the majority of their tasks)
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 8-10 years working with financial instruments (treasury and capital markets) including market conventions and valuation methods:
o Cash, liquidity and interest rate risk
o Stress testing and scenario testing skills
• 5+ years’ experience: Knowledge of SQL
• Power BI knowledge is a must-have
• 5+ years’ experience: strong understanding of current IT practices and systems development techniques, including requirements specifications and testing methodologies
• Strong Microsoft Office software skills particularly Excel, Word, Visio and Powerpoint
• Knowledge of Postgres and UNIX
• Have worked in a bank before
• Regulatory guidelines related to the financial industry
• Creative, self-starting, with very strong analytic skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective time management and organizational skills
Best vs Average:
• Please highlight testing experience and skillsets in the skills matrix when submitting candidates. Best will have strong analytical skill that can handle the business requirement specifications, draft requirements, and testing.
• Have the initiative to go to different parties and gain an understanding of the business line (comfortable asking questions and reaching out to others for insight).
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in commerce or a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection:
• Structure and Format: 1 round, panel interview