Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT-GCMT – Derivatives Trading Technology is searching for a strong back end developer for their ongoing CROP Project.
• Project: The purpose of this job is to build and maintain technology applications to support GWRT business – Commodities
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will gain exposure and continue to specialize in FX products in metal commodities while gaining exposure to multiple derivative technologies.
Typical Day in Role
• Lead and participate in the requirement gathering, system design, solution definition, Murex development, user testing and implementation / post implementation support.
• Lead and participate in the implementation of new systems or enhancements by running required conversion programs, performing shakedown testing of the production environments, preparing the Change Control Release documentation and running the parallel test cycles.
• Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Compliance, Trade Repositories and Technology) to ensure teams leverage best practices and develop processes to ensure Operations is in alignment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3 + years’ hands on configuration in the Murex application covering Datamart Reporting OR MxML Exchange
• 3 + years’ Capital Markets experience with 1 year recent in dealing with specific products (FX Options OR Swaps OR Futures OR Forward OR Loans, Commodities – base and previous metals)
• 2 + years configuration and data analysis with SQL, XML/XSL, JSON
• Strong knowledge of requirements gathering, design methodology and building test cases – detail oriented, analytical and capable of investigating complex / technical issues and provide alternative solutions, project methodologies including SDLC, Agile experience would be an asset to the role
• Excellent communication skills to clearly relay requirements to business users and stakeholders
• Exposure to other areas in Murex such as FO, BO, Market Data etc.,
• Hands on programming skills (Java, UNIX)
• Agile experience is a plus
• CFA OR CSC certifications are a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required