Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GWRT Global Portfolio Group is responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets worldwide and delivering system solutions for the Global trading platforms.
• Project: This project will require expertise from a Technical BA who understands workflow processes and has strong knowledge of market conventions and market data. The GWRT Global Portfolio group is going through a Market Data Migration from Reuters to Bloomberg for the Latin America countries: Peru, Chile, Mexico and Colombia
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will continue to leverage Market Data for various business units that will have a lasting impact on how the group operates and tracks workflow processes for the LATAM Market.
Typical Day in Role
• Manage, elicit, analyze and document detailed-level business and functional requirements (relating to data, business rules, calculations, report outputs) utilizing relevant requirements artifacts.
• Lead and conduct workshops to facilitate requirements gathering and discovery.
• Construct data flow diagrams, business and system context diagrams.
• Work closely with stakeholders to assess the current and future states and perform detailed gap analyses.
• Solves technical problems/ processes and understand complex details, adhered by logic and be driven by facts
• Exercises critical thinking and applies good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Possess high level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level and produces requirement document
• experience in banking sector
• Identify upstream and downstream dependencies.
• Produce breakdown of effort estimates for analysis and requirements-related activities.
• Manage the project requirements using Waterfall and Scrum methodologies.
• Experience working and managing Agile requirements in JIRA is required.
• Effectively communicate and build rapport with all team members and stakeholders, including various source system teams and vendor teams.
• Provide hands-on support during various cycles of testing including Functional Testing, Quality Assurance, Systems Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
• Actively contribute to process re-engineering and process improvement.
• Work on multiple projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning, soliciting and defining business requirements and processes, developing testing/conversion/implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, managing vendor relationship and deliverables, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
• Strong knowledge of requirements / design methodology – detail oriented, analytical and capable of investigating complex / technical issues and provide alternative solutions, project methodologies including Scrum, Agile and DevOps.
• Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders, ability to manage conflicts.
• Highly motivated and committed, capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years’ Business Analysts experience within the Capital Markets fields
• 2 + years’ recent project experience with Bloomberg (Bloomberg preferred) OR Reuters data feeds
• 2 + years’ experience programming with (Python OR Bash OR Java) in order to comprehend/ read code and basic functions
• 2 + years’ database development with SQL OR PL/SQL
• Excellent communication skills to manage stakeholder relations, and work with cross-departmental teams
• Bilingual Spanish speaking is a big plus and will be prioritized
• Previous experience in models & valuation, curve conventions, P&L and/or risk management methodologies
• A recognized graduate or master’s degree in business, computer science, finance, mathematics, CFA and/or FRM
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required