• The Technical Delivery Manager, will be responsible for managing the project based relationships and deliverables between Technology and the Business line PMO’s and for the overall planning, management and completion of IT deliveries from initiation through the entire Project life cycle. This role is accountable for the delivery of concurrent strategic, regulatory, infrastructure and corporate Project initiatives and for managing IT schedules, dependencies, project risk, resourcing, and inter-team communications. The incumbent uses project management skills to assess the accuracy of business, functional and technical requirements, manage project roles, identify resource requirements, define project deliverables, provide customer satisfaction, and ensure quality of projects. The Technical Delivery Manager will play a critical role in being the conduit between the IT subject matter experts and the PMO within the Business lines to ensure project success.
• The ideal candidate has a Technology background and experience in infrastructure projects within the financial industry and proven technical project delivery experience. The Technical Delivery Manager must demonstrate a strong understanding of the IT Business Model and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as project management processes and execution. This role is accountable for ensuring the timely delivery of quality deliverables related to supporting, maintaining, enhancing and monitoring information systems.
• Directs and manages the delivery of technology infrastructure project deliverables from beginning to end.
• Defines technology project scope and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management, PMO and other stakeholders.
• Identifies and manages project and infrastructure dependencies and critical path.
• Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Plans, schedules and tracks project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies and mitigates potential risks, and devises contingency plans.
• In collaboration with business line PMO, provides input to define project success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Coaches, mentors, motivates and supervises project team members and contractors, and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Conducts project post mortems and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• University degree in a related field and 6 to 10 years of experience, including 2 to 3 years of experience in a management role or College Diploma in a related field and 9 to 12 years of experience, including 2 to 3 years experience in a management role.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in computer sciences, technical or business discipline or related experience preferred.
• Minimum 10 years experience managing project deliveries across multiple applications and technologies preferred.
• Strong grasp of Technical Project Management methodologies and proven experience managing and delivering concurrent regulatory or strategic projects.
• High proficiency in MS Office Suite, in particular MS Excel, MS-Project, MS-Word, MS-Visio, Sharepoint.
• Has an understanding of the technology to be deployed and managed.
• Strong ability to lead others (direct and indirect) – motivate, negotiate, and persuade others.
• Ability to identify and manage numerous shifting priorities, deadlines and resource issues to achieve results.
• Familiarity with 5S, Kaizen Principles, Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement methodologies is an asset.
• Bilingual (French/English) is an asset.