Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Client’s Enterprise Infrastructure Services group is seeking a Technical Writer to join their Solutions Management Engineering Team. They will write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions.
• Project: This role is being driven by an Audit Exposure Security Project that’s primary focus will be on creating content and technical communications for Apple OS.
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside Apple Subject Matter Experts to ensure documentation and
Typical Day in Role
• Elicitation and interviewing of key members of the AirWatch Enterprise Team to gather and consolidate technical, operational, and process-related information required for document preparation and follow-up reviews.
• Prepare documents related to the internal service offerings of the Mobility Program, including but not limited to:
• Operational Guides
• End User Guides
• AirWatch User Profiles Guide for AirWatch Administrators
• Solution Design Documents (SoDD)
• Security Design Documents (SeDD)
• Threat Risk Assessments (TRA), Delta TRAs, and Risk Assessment Memos
• Support Processes for Mobile Services (L1, L2, L3) required for Operational Readiness
• Research and build knowledge about mobility products, services, features, technology, or concepts to be documented.
• Create content for technical program communications (emails)
• Write articles and blog posts, FAQs, for the Mobile First Program and other programs on internal knowledge and collaboration portals.
• Collaborate with translators as necessary to convert writing into a variety of languages (or bilingual as required).
• Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology
• Maintain records and files of work and revisions
• Confer with client to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3 + years’ experience as a Technical Writer or Content Manager or Documentation Specialist within IT Environments
• 2 + years’ experience creating content or writing technical documents for Mac Users
• 2 + years’ experience Agile environment (Recent experience creating documentation in an Agile environment)
• 3+ years creating & managing content on Jive or Sharepoint
• Strong communication skills to successfully partner with Apple SME for Knowledge Transfer
• Spanish Speaking Bilingual is a plus
• Financial Industry exp. is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required