Story Behind the Need
• Hunt & Threat Intelligence – client is a large international bank with financial services in over 55 countries worldwide. Cyber Security Services (CSS) is a team of security professionals in the client Information Security and Controls (IS&C) group with a mandate to protect the bank and respond to cyber events. The Threat Intelligence Analyst will provide technical expertise and analysis to the proactive and reactive responses to information security threats against client Group. The incumbent will analyze and research known indicators, correlate events, identify malicious activity, and discover new sources to provide early warning related to a variety of cyber threats. In addition, incumbent will help define, evaluate and recommend the Cyber Security Operations Centre software/hardware solutions to improve detection capabilities. As part of the regular research and documentation processes, the incumbent will create technical papers documenting security threats, risks and mitigation techniques to protect client Group.
• The successful candidate will work closely with cyber incident response team and threat hunting team to provide intelligence support while identifying the gaps in various security controls through ananlyzing the findings from incident investigations and proactive threat hunting results to provide recommandations on security policy enrichment and rule tuning.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work for client and gain exposure on international banking along with emerging technologies. This could be a stepping stone for the candidate within client.
• The candidate will also be working with a very welcoming and supportive team in a great work culture.
Typical Day in Role
• Provide security-focused recommendations such as security policy enrichment and rule tuning across various security controls (IDS,IPS,SIEM, Web Content Filtering, etc.) to better identify and detect threats identified through incident investigation and proactive threat hunting findings
• Ensure timely responses to requests for investigation or information from other security teams.
• Provide effective communications on situational awareness and technical intelligence to different stakeholders and trusted partners.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Experience and effective participation in threat intelligence, hunt, computer network defense, or incident response activities – 1+ year of hands on experience
• Experience in researching, identifying and analyzing cyber security threats –1 + year
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present technical staff
• Independent self-starter with strong analytical and problem resolution skills
• Experience with analyzing and interpreting data from multiple sources, documenting the results and providing meaningful analysis reports and briefings – 1+ year
• Focus on teamwork to achieve common objectives
Nice to Have:
• Siem experience
• Certifications in security preferred (eg. GCIH, GREM, GCFA, GCTI)
• Cisco Certifications
• Demonstrated malware analysis ability
• Experience with a variety of scripting languages such as Perl, Python, and others
• Fluency in speaking and writing in Spanish
• Banking/FI industry
• University degree or college diploma or 1-year equivalent security industry-related experience required