Story Behind the Need:
• The Global Network Engineer and Design group is seeking a UC Network Engineer to design and deploy Cisco Expressway for Jabber mobile app, CUCM, Call Recording, and SIP Trunks for a critical project in the Bank.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The candidate will have the opportunity to work with the latest emerging and disruptive technologies and will also allow the candidate to build relationships across a big 5 Canadian bank. The team is highly motivated and looking to expand as part of the future vision.
Typical Day in Role:
• Design and deploy Cisco Expressway in the multiple-layer firewall environment;
• Work with the senior level engineer to provide the security design document (SDD), low level design document(LLD), present the solution to Architecture Review board.
• Design and migrate CUCM from 10.5 to 12.x;
• Responsible for the user account provisioning on Cisco CUCM and the massive roll out to the users mobile phone.
• Test and enable the built-in bridge (BiB) on Jabber mobile App for the call recording;
• Test and deploy Jabber Mobile App to the end user’s device via Workspace One (Airwatch);
• Design single sign on (SSO) and end user authentication on both endpoint device and backend systems.
• Test and evaluate Turret trading system and call recording system to integrate with Cisco CUCM and Oracle SBC, ECB;
• Build the virtual machine to install the related application and systems.
• Implement the network and voice monitoring and diagnosis tools;
• Create the operation document for end user onboarding and offboarding.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 8+ years experience required in Cisco Unified Communication technologies.
• Must have hands-on experience on deploying and supporting Jabber Mobile App with Expressway (in the last 3 years)
• Must have hands-on experience on Single Sing On(SSO) for Jabber Mobile App.
• Must have the experience of migrating CUCM 10.5 to 12.5 in a large cluster (in the last 5 years).
• Hands-on experience of deploying Call Recording systems for Cisco CUCM (in the last 5 years).
• Hands-on experience on deploying and managing Cisco CUCM, Voice Gateway, CIPC, CER and Oracle SBC (in the last 5 years)
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
• Experience of integrating and managing Turret system with Cisco CUCM.
• Working experience on vmware virtual machine and networking.
• Experience on building information security firewall rules and polices.
• Knowledge on MDM such as Workspace One(Airwatch).
• Automation on CUCM and CUC (i.e. Python)
• The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple tasks under a tight timeline.
• Superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
• Strong communication (verbal/written) and great interpersonal skills to interact with relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors. Able to present to director or above level.
Education and Certifications:
• Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, Networking Technology or related field
• Minimum Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Collaboration certification.