Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Enterprise Digital Banking Technology
• Project: Enterprise Digital Banking Technology is seeking a UI/UX Designer to assist with the Digital sales initiatives platform
• Reason for request: Ongoing project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank but also get exposure to some of the bank’s emerging and disruptive technologies.
• The individual will be working on a new way to engage with customers digitally, having a direct impact on the application that is being built with visibility from some of the bank’s top customers.
Typical Day in Role:
• You will bridge the best customer experience that is currently happening at the branch to the digital world.
• You will greatly influence the design decisions for digital experiences that touch millions of users every day across the CCAU countries.
• You will understand our users’ motivations and needs, leveraging rigorous design research and usability principles as well as your intuitive design sense in a holistic way.
• You will meticulously consider user interactions and journeys and act as an advocate for the constant improvement of both.
• You will produce compelling designs to illustrate concepts iteratively and to be able to provide detailed specifications for software developers.
• You will drive customer testing and incorporate customer research and insights.
• You will demonstrate leadership by acting as design owner within your scrum through the conception, build and release of software features.
• You will synthesize research outcomes into viable product experiences.
• You will exercise a high level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front-end technologies and will factor it into your work limitations and constraints knowing when to push boundaries.
• You will advocate for accessible design principles and implementation.
• You will provide feedback and coaching to other Designers at different levels of experience.
• You will perform in an open environment, striving to be persuasive and engaging while being self-driven.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of experience designing responsive web AND native mobile software applications
• Experience with customer journeys from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion
• Ability to build and execute design research methodologies or user testing protocols in a rapid development environment – demonstrated in recent project work
• Experience working in an agile and cross-collaboration environment.
Nice To Have Skills:
• Strong Visual design skills/portfolio
• Bilingual English – Spanish
• Background in Fintech or other financial-related product fields.
• Ability to communicate using rapid visual design techniques
• Comfortable working in a self-guided manner.
• Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion.
• Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working creatively within specific constraints.
• Ability to work within a brand and style toolkit with a desire to push existing standards to the next level.
• A fast learner who has an appetite to learn what’s behind both simple and complex financial solutions
• A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
Degrees or certifications:
• Masters or Bachelor Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design or related fields (or equivalent work experience).
• Degrees in marketing, graphic design, or arts/design-focused majors are preferred
• This role is focused more so on how we can improve the sales platform rather than the visual design aspect of it
• This designer is responsible for any new initiative on the digital sales side of things or enhancements to the existing ones.
• The offerings are either for everyone or targeted to a specific type of customer
• The prequalified offers are built in a specific platform, the flow is built once and it is consumed by the mobile app and the web platform
• Cross collaboration with the web team and design team
• Strong visual design portfolio is not necessarily
• The candidate must also provide a demonstrable history of applying design thinking tenants and user-centred design principles to challenges at work or in everyday life
• Demonstrated interest in tangential fields like typography, design research, big data, fine art, music, writing and communications, etc.
• Candidate Review & Selection:
o Step 1 – Interview with Humberto Torres, design lead
o Step 2 – design assessment or second interview with either a PO or another design director.
o Portfolio will be requested prior to the interview