Story Behind the Need
• Wealth Digital Transformation – part of client Wealth Management (SWM) is one of the largest integrated Wealth Management firms in Canada. Headquartered in Toronto, with offices across Canada and around the world, SWM is a part of the Bank of client
• Their job is to provide clients with financial advice and products to maximize their wealth.
• NEO Project – re- platform of the online experience for wealth clients in Canadian Wealth Management. Complete re-platform and redesign of the online experience.
• Contractor will be doing critical design work for a high priority wealth project (NEO), which now has a severe shortage of design resourcing.
• The current amount of resourcing for design has created bottlenecks for this initiative
• As the UX/UI Designer you will be part of a team that is transforming client’s Wealth Management and self-directed investment experience, by re-imagining the digital experiences for clients of client iTRADE, client McLeod, Private Investment Counsel and client.
• Reason for request: Project work
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Completely redesigning an Online Trading Platform!
Typical Day in Role:
• Work closely with Product Owners, business stakeholders, and developers and influence the design decisions to transform wealth management’s digital experiences
• Understand our users’ motivations and needs, leveraging rigorous design research and usability principles as well as your intuitive design sense.
• Meticulously consider user interactions and journeys
• Produce compelling designs to illustrate concepts iteratively and to be able to provide detailed specifications for software developers.
• Drive customer testing and incorporate customer research and insights.
• Demonstrate leadership by acting as design owner within your agile team through the conception, build and release of software features.
• Synthesize research outcomes into viable product experiences.
• Exercise a high level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front-end technologies and will factor it into your work limitations and constraints knowing when to push boundaries.
• Advocate for accessible design principles and implementation.
• Empathize with users who may have very different lives
• Work within an agile team
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience designing responsive web and/or native mobile software applications with strong visual design abilities.
• A demonstrable portfolio of work (professional and personal) which showcases the projects you have worked on and includes examples of your story-telling skills, from low-fidelity sketches through to detailed designs. – please attach and provide.
• 2+ years of journey and product design experience.
• 3+ years of experience using leading design software such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite (including Adobe XD) (Axure will be an asset)
• Excellent Communication Skills – verbal and written
• Familiarity with Trading stocks or making personal investment decisions (through apps or online)
• Understanding limitations of front-end technologies (HTML, CSS Java Script
• Experience with the creation of transactional experiences (financial or ecommerce)
• Ability to build and execute design research methodologies or user testing protocols in a rapid development environment.
Soft Skills Required:
• Resilient and Positive Personality
• Comfortable working in a self-guided manner
• Comfortable working with tight deadlines
• Fast learner
• Masters or Bachelor Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design or related fields (or equivalent work experience)