• Client BG spends around $6B each year with vendors. Strategic Sourcing Group’s (SSG) role, in collaboration with our business partners, is to create sustainable competitive advantage for ClientBG by leveraging this third party spend and the expertise of our key suppliers to meet our needs, reduce total cost, and mitigate supply-related risks.
• Our role is global in scope and we have just embarked on a journey to transform the way we do sourcing, purchasing and vendor management within our department and more broadly across the organization.
• Our team is comprised of ~200 people who are in various ClientBG locations across North America.
• The Contract Management team within SSG is responsible for negotiating, drafting and ongoing support of contracts including but not limited to outsourcing, managed services, statements of work and software licensing agreements
• Reporting to the Senior Contract Manager, the Contract Manager will use their skills, knowledge and expertise to:
o Organize, influence and manage a portfolio of contracts supporting all aspects of the negotiation of the contract.
o Provide subject matter expertise in the review, negotiation, drafting, implementation and execution of Contracts, primarily IT Contracts
o Act as an interface between Strategic Sourcing, Client Legal, external vendors and the Client Business Line while interfacing at all levels within Client including Senior Management for both Canada and the United States
o Drive to meet deadlines
o Provide direction and guidance on Client’s Sourcing Policies and Procedures
o Provide guidance and coordination of all Client Risk Partners as their requirements pertain to the contract
o Implementation of SLA Management
• Drafting and negotiating contracts
• Written and verbal communication skills (excellent)
• MS Office (excellent)
• Coupa and SAP Ariba
• Contracting background
Nice to have:
• Legal background
• Sourcing background
• Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills
• Ability to achieve business objectives through influencing and effectively working with key stakeholders.
• Highly organized, proactive, self-motivated team player who takes initiative and is able to work independently.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities with proven time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable and confident communicating at all levels including business partners, Executives and Vendors.
• General knowledge of the Client BG organization structure, including lines of business and their functions
• Demonstrated high proficiency with MS Office suite of products
• Preference will be given to individuals who possess a background in sourcing coupled with contract management experience as well has knowledge of Coupa and SAP-Ariba products
• 8-10 years of professional experience