Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to support large applications across the bank and gain real time exposure to multiple systems
• The main function of a Systems Administrator is to be responsible for the administration of core systems as well as monitoring and repair of high-performance computing systems. Ensures consistent and reliable operation including enterprise servers and network infrastructure.
Typical Day in Role:
• Resolution and Prevention of Problems
• Presented with system level and application problems on mission critical systems requiring immediate resolution, thus ensuring systems are operational according to agreed upon service level agreements and that they have a high degree of integrity and reliability. Often, resolution determination requires interaction with service vendors. Considerable effort is placed into determining, developing and delivering procedures to protect production environment from unplanned outages.
Provide Technical Assistance to Users:
• Establishes system scope and objectives. Develops practical manual or automated procedures to solve complex problems. Prepares detailed specifications for programs, analyses and revises existing system logic deficiencies, oversees all phases of the technical system design and will advice, check and direct systems programs onto the correct technical system design.
Systems Administration and New Projects:
• Perform system administration tasks associated with environment of specialization for the development, UAT and production environments as well supporting production code implementation. Provide training on specific environment to Operations, Network and Development Departments as required. New projects could include applications such as central back up for applications and database application monitoring tools or high-speed restoration software.
Control Access, Ensure Security and Contingency Planning:
• Ongoing customization and maintenance of system access facilities to ensure and enforce strict security of financial environment. Plan, implement and test contingency plans for various hardware and software environments.
System Monitoring and Updates:
• During the course of the year, applications are monitored and statistical information regarding resource usage is compiled. Recommendations are put forward to management for capacity planning and system upgrades where resource constraints are identified to ensure that a reliable production environment is maintained.
User Group Involvement:
• Participate in user groups to gain information on other user’s project successes and/or failures. Required to keep up to date with technological breakthroughs and trends in field of specialization.
Must have skills:
• 3 + years’ operating systems and technologies experience: Microsoft Windows server, AD, DNS, LDAP, Tomcat, and Veritas products (Volume Manager, File System, Netbackup, Clustering), monitoring tools, shell scripting,
• Tableau Support – 3+ years’ experience
• Experience working with SQL / Oracle database environments – proven through recent project experience
• Requires a minimum of 5 years job related experience and possesses analytical and proactive problem solving skills. Expert understanding in area of specialty.
• Ability to work with non-technical users.
• Good communication skills to work with different
Nice to have skills:
• Linux/ Solaris OS experience
• FI experience
• Working knowledge of the following databases and tools is an asset: Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, Postgres, Java, python, script
• Tidal Job Scheduler would be an asset.