• Participate in the support and maintenance of workstation management technology and applications. The individual will participate in the design, development, maintenance, and testing of OS patching, PC and VDI images, software packages, and other configurations to support workstation management activities at Client.
• The individual must be ready to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and adhere to strict deadlines for process deliverables. Attention to detail, punctuality, and effective communication skills are essential to this position.
Duties And Responsibilities
Design, development, and testing of corporate PC images, including:
• Evaluating and implementing the latest OS updates and patches
• Identification and remediation of patch deployment issues to meet corporate compliance targets
• Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in managing workstation patching
• Application packaging for automated deployment, self-service, or manual installation including GPO’s and/or other policies
• Test and troubleshoot software deployments via Microsoft SCCM. Analyze, identify and resolve issues working collaboratively with other stakeholders
• Write custom scripts using scripting technologies such as Windows shell scripting, VBScripts, PowerShell and WMI as needed
• Design & implement collections, programs, and advertisements within the SCCM console.
• Evaluating new hardware, software and peripherals
• Design and development of VDI deployments (VMWare Horizon View)
• Deploying new virtual desktops, maintaining templates, and performing updates when necessary
• Monitoring VDI resources; maintaining resource pools, user entitlements, and applicable policies
• Has the ability to independently execute assigned tasks following standard procedures, processes or general instructions within established guidelines. Errors could have considerable impact causing inefficiencies, delays or rework.
• Adequate knowledge to efficiently design, development, maintenance and testing of PC and VDI images, software packages and other configurations
• Required to effectively communicate technical details to colleagues
• Prioritizes own work, may coordinate with others
• May assist in orientating new & existing employees on how to perform tasks.
• Accountable for technical activities performed
Knowledge & Skills
• At least 3 years relevant workstation management experience
• Deep technical understanding of Windows Desktop x64 operating systems up to and including Windows 10
• Extensive experience with common third party tools used to manage/support large environments. i.e. Appsense/SCCM
• Relevant undergraduate or graduate university degree in Math/Statistics/Engineering/Computer Science program
• Self Starter, detail-oriented, organized, and thorough
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Experience designing technical solutions to meet complex business requirements
• Knowledge of software packaging tools (e.g. InstallShield, App-V sequencer, Wise)
• A good of understanding of how a modern browser works both from a desktop and networking perspective
• Experience with Windows scripting technologies such as shell scripting, VBScript, PowerShell, WMI etc.
• Experience working with SQL Server databases, queries, etc.
• Knowledge of common Windows Infrastructure i.e. Active Directory/GPO
• Desktop/Laptop Hardware Knowledge
• Experience in engineering Large Scale Deployment/Migrations of Office 2010/2013 an asset
• Strong troubleshooting mind-set (i.e. parsing event log, Sysinternals tools, analyzing memory dumps etc).
• Experience of large scale desktop deployment tools and techniques in large distributed organizations.
• Ability to write technical and operational management documentation (system design and engineering documents, operational runbooks).